Audio Research filing for bankruptcy?

I just heard Audio Research might be filing for bankruptcy. This is a shock to me. I just called them a few days ago to have my Ref 6 upgraded to a Ref 6SE. I will also be the new owner of the Ref 750s. I was just wondering if they did go bankrupt what would all those millions of owners do about servicing their equipment. Should I be concerned? I’m alittle worried now. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

@elrod  I know exactly what u mean. My first ARC was a used Ref 5se. Loved it a lot until I heard the Ref 6  in my system. I loved it and sold the 5 Se and bought the 6 brand new. Now I’m gonna up grade it to the 6SE. As I heard a lot of better things with it. I will be upgrading it sound unheard though. 

Post removed 

Will ARC warranties be discharged in a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy?  If so, my thought that buying super well made Chi-Fi products only came with the risk that warranties wouldn't be honored could apply to ARC or other American blue bloods.  Oh my.  

I'm not suggesting this is happening with certainty. But if it does, it will certainly make me think twice about purchasing 5-figure products.  

Whoops, my big mistake--this is not Chapter 7 or Chapter 11 but receivership.  

But with a list of creditors like that attached to the filing, Bankruptcy could be imminent.  

What a sad moment in hifi. 

Welcome to the future of the hi-end market. Mac has only survived this long because it has exponentially greater brand recognition, has licensed their name to auto manufacturers, and has been publicly endorsed by the likes of Tom Cruise and Fallon.

But I am betting that Mac’s days/years are numbered.

The customer base of these hi-end brands was dwindling prior to the latest recession and that will now accelerate.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the largest Pass Labs dealership in the country recently shut down.

Just one example of the challenges facing these companies is the fact that there are $599 Chi-Fi preamps that can go toe-to-toe with the best SS preamps from these hi-end brands.

I think all the current esoteric/hi-end brands are facing these threats. I am doubtful ARC’s issue is mostly due to mismanagement. It appears they continue to have competent and loyal employees. Though I am pessimistic about the the company’s future, I wish them the best.