Opinions on Pioneer CS series speakers

I am looking for some SET friendly speakers for very short money . I have a chance at some Pioneer CS 88a's for @ $500 in decent shape and a pair of CS 77's (no 'a' suffix) for $250 .
Now I see that they are rated at 97db. efficiency but these things have a lot of speakers inside with 4 & 5 way crossover designs . Can these really be considered SET friendly ? I want to try 300B and maybe even 2A3 amps .

Thank You
saki70
If you want a pair because you think they are cool or you can get them on the cheap, by all means do so. If you want them because you think they are a great set of speakers...I think your money would be better spend elsewhere.

This is coming from a guy that has a pair of CS-99a's that I use on a daily basis (because they are cool, not because they sound amazing).
Saki,
Do yourself a favor, take the advice of Loomisjohnso, Timlub and Hew. Go with something like the Tekton M-Lore used, perhaps their 4.5s. The 4.5s, if you can find them will be less than $300. I believe a used pair of M-Lores were up for sale here on the A'gon for $450-500. As I think you know, I own these and play them primarily with SET. The M-Lore is 95db, 8 Ohm. Easy, easy to drive with 37hz Bass.

Read the Enjoy the Music review (it won their Blue Note Award). I think it was praised by Stereomojo and nicely included by Tim Smith in his 6 Moons review of the Coincident Dynamo 34SE. Personally, I've really enjoyed them and agree with the various reviewer opinions of them. Happy hunting.
Yes , excellent advice , as usual !
I was considering the Pioneers because they are the classic
SET speaker , big & efficient , at an affordable price , as compared to the usual suspects , and at an acceptable (?) size .
I had decided that if I was to change my De Capo's out , I was going to get something with at least a 10" woofer for real bass that you can feel . I need to find something that will work in the near field , is smaller than a kegerator and has a WAF .