Phono Stage upgrade to complement Dohmann Helix One Mk 2

Thanks to the recommendations from many users on this Audiogon blog, I think I was able to make a more informed purchase of a turntable, the Dohmann Helix One Mk 2.  I've really been enjoying the turntable for the past month!  

The next phase of my system now needs attention:  the phono stage.  Currently, I'm using a Manley Steelhead v2 running into an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 SE pre-amplifier (into Ypsilon Hyperion monoblocks, into Sound Lab M745PX electrostatic speakers). 

I've been told that I could really improve my system by upgrading the phono stage from the Manley Steelhead (although I've also been told that the Manley Steelhead is one of the best phono stages ever made).  
Interestingly, two of the top phono stages that I'm considering require a step-up transformer (SUT).  I'm not fully informed about any inherent advantages or disadvantages of using an SUT versus connecting directly to the phono stage itself.  

I suppose my current top two considerations for a phono stage are the Ypsilon VPS-100 and the EM/IA  LR Phono Corrector, both of which utilize an SUT.  I don't have a particular price range, but I find it hard to spend $100k on stereo components, so I'm probably looking in the $15k - $70k price range. 
Thanks. 

drbond

Fathom is another company that make expensive high end (or high end because expensive) subwoofers complete with x-over and amplifier. I's sure without looking that Wilson Audio do too.

Now and if you are really seriously about the full integration bass managdement then maybe what you could need is something " radical " as could be to put on sale your SL speakers in change for something like this:

MMSeven (evolutionacoustics.com)  and its specs:

specifications-for-group-brochure-4.pdf (evolutionacoustics.com)

or like this:

Mono & Stereo © 2023: Gryphon Audio Pendragon Four Chassis Loudspeaker system review (monoandstereo.com)

Gryphon latest model is : Kodo in 4 towers.

Both manufacturers choosed active bass management with no compromise at all.

Btw, M.Lavigne owns the MM-7.

R.

@rauliruegas 

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm going to see what Duke at Audiokinesis comes up with.  He sounds like he really knows what he's talking about, and is interested in helping me get the best out of my Sound Lab ESL's.  He's also a Sound Lab dealer, so he's very familiar with what the speakers could use for augmentation.  It sounds like I'm probably headed down the custom-built subwoofer route.  Presently, we're looking for an amplifier / HPF combination that can work down to 16 Hz, which is low C.  (Yes, that is a key note in Bach's Passacaglia and fugue in c minor.)  

Presently, most every other component in my system is non-negotiable.  

As I mentioned about a week ago, you’re in good hands with Duke. You’ll be going to a lot of trouble to hear one lowest note in one piece of music, which I presume is emanating from a mighty organ pipe.

@lewm 

The standard amplifier that he pairs with his subwoofers goes down to 18 Hz.  We'll see what he's able to find.  (By the way, if you haven't heard that organ piece, you should give it a listen.  My friends who don't even like classical music are amazed by that composition.)