Phono Stage upgrade to complement Dohmann Helix One Mk 2

Thanks to the recommendations from many users on this Audiogon blog, I think I was able to make a more informed purchase of a turntable, the Dohmann Helix One Mk 2.  I've really been enjoying the turntable for the past month!  

The next phase of my system now needs attention:  the phono stage.  Currently, I'm using a Manley Steelhead v2 running into an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 SE pre-amplifier (into Ypsilon Hyperion monoblocks, into Sound Lab M745PX electrostatic speakers). 

I've been told that I could really improve my system by upgrading the phono stage from the Manley Steelhead (although I've also been told that the Manley Steelhead is one of the best phono stages ever made).  
Interestingly, two of the top phono stages that I'm considering require a step-up transformer (SUT).  I'm not fully informed about any inherent advantages or disadvantages of using an SUT versus connecting directly to the phono stage itself.  

I suppose my current top two considerations for a phono stage are the Ypsilon VPS-100 and the EM/IA  LR Phono Corrector, both of which utilize an SUT.  I don't have a particular price range, but I find it hard to spend $100k on stereo components, so I'm probably looking in the $15k - $70k price range. 
Thanks. 

drbond

@mijostyn 

I spoke with Duke LeJeune at Audiokinesis, and he agreed with you that the "Swarm" would not suffice in my room, due to its size.  He mentioned that he could make some custom subwoofers with either 12" drivers or possibly with s 10" drivers per box.  His set up would have the potential to be sealed, vented, or double vented.  He also mentioned that his subwoofers are passive, but he recommends a amplifier that can be set to a 4th or 5th order LPF.  Presently, I'm going to investigate and pursue this option for the next few weeks. 

Ask Duke if he can do two 12” drivers per enclosure in a balanced force arrangement. Sealed enclosures only please. 

If you really wanna go crazy, and if you have a big room, ask Sound Labs about their B1 ESL subwoofer.

Dear @drbond : You are a gentleman that go where the " wind " " hold " you and change your targets as you can change your shirt. Nothing wrong with that because is what you show in the subwoofer issue.

Your main word about subwoofers was: trial and from there several changes to even disregard the Magico sub’s because its amps are class D and perhaps ( but I doubt because you have the kind of money need it for the Magico’s ) its price.

Now you are looking for a custom made sub’s and all your mind changes only for what you read through internet with out listen to any sub in your system or in a more or less similar room/system. Again nothing wrong with that.

Well taking in count your kind of mind about here are two truly good options for what you are looking for that I don’t tall before because I had in mind that " trial " you ask for. Anyway here it’s:

Krell Master Reference Subwoofer Subwoofers user reviews : 4.5 out of 5 - 4 reviews - audioreview.com

and here you can buy two of them:

Krell Master Reference Subwoofer (highperformancestereo.com)

and for you like to read:

MRS_man (krellhifi.com)

krell master reference subwoofer pictures - Búsqueda (bing.com)

If you dislike Krell then here other alternative:

Wilson Audio - Thor’s Hammer

If you want the crossover too then triel this one:

FM 330 Linear-Phase electronic crossovers - FM ACOUSTICS LTD.

FM 1811 highest accuracy in music reproduction. - FM ACOUSTICS LTD.

You can surround your choosed subs with FM Acoustics. Even custom made:

Professional Products - FM ACOUSTICS LTD.

R.

Fathom is another company that make expensive high end (or high end because expensive) subwoofers complete with x-over and amplifier. I's sure without looking that Wilson Audio do too.