Technical assistance and recommendations needed

I have a decent system I believe; it is hard to tell since there are no audio clubs in the area and only one audio shop outside of a Best Buy store to hear equipment to compare. So I would recommend a forum for T/A  for folks not having an audio knowledge base.

My system is CD based and is comprised of a Marantz cd6006, Technics SUG700, Canton 9k reference speakers, SVS SB1000pro subwoofer, and a Shiits EQ. Interconnects are SVS interconnects for the SVS sub. Coax is Metabridge Ultra Series, interconnects are very old Monster cable interlink 500 and Monster m1000 mk.3., My speaker cables are from Maker Audio What I enjoy about the system is its inner detail, soundstage, and imaging. The room is a compromise but well damped 12x18 vaulted ceiling wall to wall carpets two overstuffed chairs and couch one open side wall.

The system is a bit analytic, and I would like to warm it up just a bit. So how do I add a bit more flesh/ body to the sound is it through the interconnects?  I am looking for solutions under $1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Scott

scott22

@nonoise 

I'm really intrigued with that Technics. It sounds like a drastic improvement over the early Panasonic amps, which despite their low cost seemed to be doing something right in a way I'd never quite heard before.

@kenjit 

I've heard relatively cheap class D sound plenty warm. Maybe we're using the word "warm" to describe different things? 

If kenjit had a brain decent system, he could relate and make sense when he trolls contributes to a thread. There's nothing like real life experiences to go by instead of reading something, somewhere.

All the best,
Nonoise

nonoise your spot on about the amp and as you know it is dead silent. I'm beginning to wonder, if it is my 75 year old hearing. Interesting a few years ago I went to an audiologist and had marked loss in hearing if I can remember back I believe I'm in the 14000hz range max. so I wonder why the system(cantons) sound lean I would think the highs would sound rolled off to me.

I've heard relatively cheap class D sound plenty warm. Maybe we're using the word "warm" to describe different things? 

Unfortunately that is the problem with these discussions. There is no way to know what these descriptions mean. Warm can mean different things to different people. 

@scott22 

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I just turned 69 and my hearing has a deficit around the 2.5Khz area and goes back up and supposedly, I can't hear above 14Khz but I do hear what I hear. 

I think that what we're hearing as too forward or edgy lies in the upper midrange and not in the treble so much. Until I got my new speakers the sound above the mids was too engaging and almost glass like and I think it's the metallic drivers used. I have pots to trim the mids and highs on the JBLs and when I got the edge down to where it was acceptable, I lost everything else in the range that needed to be there. There was no happy medium as every recording reacted/sounded different to the new setting.

@asctim 

I think you're right about Technics doing things differently than others. There are similar brands that use digital amps but not in the same way as Technics. 

All the best,
Nonoise