PS Audio Power Plant P3 to P12

I currently own a P3 which I use for all my source components. PS Audio is currently having a promotion on the P12. Anyone made this transition?

128x128jaytor

@tunefuldude Why what’s your angle?

I have Transparent Audio, Cardas, Zavfino, all quality cables.

Hell, I even have one Pangea cable I use on my coffee maker. Makes the coffee darker and richer.

@tunefuldude - I used Auto Tune on the phase setting and it selected +1 (I assume this is degrees). I have not played with MultiWave yet. Mine is set for Sine Wave output.

I have it configured for minimum distortion and 120V. My input distortion is about 2.1% and output distortion is 0.1% (according to the P12). Since I don't have it set for maximum regulation, the output voltage is about 121v with a typical input voltage of about 122v. The voltage doesn't seem to vary that much. 

@tunefuldude I see you have not answered my question. 

Curious what's your angle? 

As I have whole house surge protection and dedicated power on separate circuit breakers, I have no need for one of Paul's power regen units. I do have a 2 Puron filters plugged into my Wisdom Cable Technologies POWER STAGE ES-10SR Reference Mains Power Distribution hub. 

My comment on further down the spiral was in reference to those taking this post in a different direction like you have now done. 

I think that was your angle. No? 

I owned a P3 and almost immediately upgraded to the P12. I used the P12 for a few years and I really didn't know why I was never totally thrilled with my system. I made a ton of other changes during that time, so I thought it must have been my newly converted fiber optical LAN or cables or something else that was causing truncated highs. When my P12 went down for a 2nd time (noisy fan) and I had to send it in to PS Audio, I wanted to try something different. So I ended up on an AQ Niagara 5000. Immediately after I plugged it in, I noticed my treble extension had returned and dynamics were fantastic. Far better than the system with the P12 inserted. Needless to say, the P12 was sold after I received it back.

@jeffstrick no angle.

In my profession I'm paid to listen to my client, so I can help resolve the issue they came to see me about. And the way that I've honed my ability to serve people thru the years is to observe what goes on along the way. I'm just trying to make connections, and learn.

I asked the question about cables because I thought you were commenting on the comment I had made about power conditioning.

I thought you were further distracting the thread with a derogatory comment about those of us who understand how important some form of power management is to achieving good sound. I guess my disclaimer on that statement would be: for those of us who need it.

I live on the top floor of a high-rise in an urban environment and need it big time.

I wasn't making a dig. I would own it if I did, because I enjoy ribbing guys around here just as much as the next guy.    : )

I was trying to identify a commonality. One of the things I've observed as a common theme around here is that people who think you can get the kind of sound we're getting with the kind of speaker cable and el cheap interconnects I used in high school are also, typically, of the mindset that it's ridiculous to spend, especially big, bucks on power conditioning.

I'm well aware that our approach to power management may be different, and it sounds like both of us are getting awesome results. 

I love the banter, the way. Like I've mentioned before, this group reminds me a lot of the diversity of the AA group I got sober at 33 years ago. I definitely don't like the mean spirited stuff. That's totally uncalled for, but the banter is not only part of how we learn, it's part of how we have relationship with each other.

Speaking of relationships around here ... anyone know what happened to that real cool and super eccentric cat that, I at least I, though was kind of a guru when it came to getting master class sound out of his vintage gear using all his eccentric tweaks based on complex physics principles? His name is on the tip of my tongue. I know a lot of you guys know who I'm talking about.