AAVIK THE BEST KEPT Sereat IN DIGITAL

we just had to post this review on the outstanding streaming system comprised of the Aaavik S280dac/streamer along with the ansuz power swich and powered ethernet cables the result of this entire pairing and a throughly well engineered streaming system is a joy.

aavik is one of the very few audio companies to make every device in the chain amplifier dac streamer ethernet switch ethernet cables loudspeakers powere conditioner power cables and the result is pure magic

n a nutshell, I feel spoiled with the Aavik S-280 digital streamer and the Ansuz PowerSwitch ethernet hub and all those Ansuz digital cables. This is what I’ve always wanted digital streaming to be–effortless in operation, magnificent in sound quality. This is the set-up, along with the U-280, that could make me sell all my CDs and just go with streaming and LPs for the rest of my life.

Dave and troy

Audio intellect nj

AAvik ansuz borrenson dealers

128x128audiotroy

"Best no.

Secret no."

You speak with such authority. Have you have actually owned the D-280 and compared it to others?

dbagstrick we are dealers soyes we own this gear and we sell alot of great brands naim bricastipsrasound krell electrocompaniet ynthesis unison research coda and many others 

so yes we own them and have compared their gear to many others 

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect  nj

aavik dealers 

Unless I'm mistaken, @dbagstrick 's post was a reply to an earlier post by jeffstrick, not audiotroy.

As an aside, I totally agree with dbagstrick's retort. I don't know why certain posters have the need to just blurt out something nonsensical when they know it very well that it's not adding any value to the conversation. It's like they have verbal diarrhea that has to find a way out. 

@arafiq  Hoping you can elaborate some more on the D-280 vs T+A DAC 200 & throw in the Aqua La Scala Opto mkii for good measure. Where did you prefer the Aavik over the DAC 200 ?. Was the Aqua La Scala ever on your audition list. I have had some limited experience with the D 180, thought it be precocious and at times over animated in it's presentation. While the D 280 promises of a more mature confident smooth and musical sound gets me wondering , Out of the bunch so far, the Aqua La Scala is the one to beat. Still would love some input on the Aavik D 280