Pass Labs XP32 or XP22?

I am considering buying Pass Labs, specifically the XA60.8 monoblocks. I am hoping that someone familiar with the preams could advise me.  XP22 or XP32?

Thank you

128x128muaythai

Brought to by Aric Audio! When you think Pass Labs preamps think Aric Audio; when you think Aric Audio think Pass Labs preamps!

(I'm just having a go 🙃🙄, I'm not being serious) I'm actually a big fan of no preamps vs preamps so I can't recommend them. 

I run a Rogue RH-5 pre with a Pass Labs XA-25. I am extremely impressed with this match. For me there is something magical happening here. I used to own a Rogue RP-7 and paired that with a multitude of tube and SS amps. I was never disappointed with the performance. With that said, if I was to obtain a pair of 60.8s (which I am looking into) I likely would opt for a Rogue RP-9.

"Backert and believe me you will never look back. I have a Rhythm Extreme paired with a Pass XA 30.8. They sound fantastic together. I’ve been in this hobby since the very early 70’s and I’m here to tell you I felt as if I hit the jackpot with this combination."

Are you sure you don’t mean a Rhumba Extreme of a Rhythm 1.3?

re-lar-kvothe

I won't own another Rogue Audio, it isn't that the products are bad, but the owner was a jerk to me.

I have direct experience of both preamps paired with 60.8s. Unsurprisingly, the 32 is better than the 22. It's more refined tonally, and more organic sounding. But at this level, the differences are relatively finely graded, not night and day. The 32 is better, but both are excellent.

One thing that can throw people with these preamps is that they are designed to use the full range of the volume control which operates in fine increments. So unless they are played at a setting on the numerical display that seems to be "loud" (visually, but actually isn't sonically) then they can seem a bit underwhelming.