Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao

PS @larbredor , I didn't swap out that massive 60uF poly cap linked to the woofer.  That would be (a) insanely pricey; and (b) very tricky to enigineer for me. I would have to fasten it off the PCB as it would be too big. 

Don Sachs was of the opinion that this cap would make less difference. I'd agree but qualified on the fact that I'm not an engineer.  I was also more after cleaning up the mids and highs on this loudspeaker.

I have been tempted to figure out the values of the inductors and swap those out for better quality too. However, I keep thinking that the speakers were voiced with those inductors and I don't have the know how or patience to learn how to measure and deal with what inductors do in crossover networks.  I understand it theoretically and that's all. 

Best of luck. I've never questioned my modification to this loudspeaker. I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

Anyone using the Cornwall IV's as true LCR home theater speakers? Behind screen or in front. Interested in determining if these would be a good alternative to some other floor standing loudspeakers for home theater. 

Any speaker brand made, relative of selling price, can be modified and improved ( in most cases ) with better parts, specifically in the cross over.