Simaudio 340 i hard to beat for the $$

I have a bit of a dilemma in that I’m having a hard time moving from my Simaudio 340 i. I absolutely love this integrated except I wish the sound stage was wider. I was considering getting a 600 i but after extensive research people are saying 600 is not like the 340 and I see a lot of people sell the 600. Owners of the 600 I told me they were disappointed in the unit. For some reason the 340 i is unique to the Simaudio line up. I was interested in the Luxman 550 MK2 but after speaking to a Sonus Faber dealer with good knowledge of the brand he believes that class A will not have the dynamics required to drive my speakers as Sonus Faber are known to be power hungry. He suggested staying with class A/B. I had a class A tube amplifier and yes, I agree it was lacking the punch of the 340. My problem is my budget in the used market for a solution is $5-6000. Current setup is:

Sonus Faber Minima Amator 2

Lumin U1 mini with SBooster

Denafrips Venus 2

Simaudio 340 i

I’m looking for something laid back, detailed, smooth and punchy like the 340 but with a bigger soundstage. Does it even exist at 5/6 k (CAN BTW)

I’ve had Hegel 390/360 and it didn’t impress me.

Accuphase E370? Luxman 507?

128x128dman1974

@jeffstrick 

Hi Jeff, I do cover the screen for listing sessions. I also have a panel on the back wall to absorb bass buildup. What other suggestions other than YouTube do you have? Thanks

I gave you a link to Cardas that has additional links to GIK and has a tool for calculations. Not seeing your entire room I have no idea. Also you should have defuses on the front wall and bass traps in the corners. Go to those websites you have much to learn.

@jeffstrick

Hi Jeff, thanks again for sharing your infinite wisdom. This room is shared with my family so putting a diffuser on the front wall is not an option. I’ve also had extensive conversations with Vicoustics over the weekend at the Montreal show. Their expert recommendations actual are quite different than yours. They claim that high frequency is most affected by the first reflection, side wall which affects sound stage width. They also believe that only mid to low frequency hits the front wall’s behind the speakers. But must be they don’t have any idea. You are correct, I do have a lot to learn and that’s what I believe this is about, sharing knowledge. I hope I always have a lot to learn because that’s half the fun!!

Post removed 

@overthemoon 

There seems to be a lot of love for the Audio Research by Sonus Faber owners. I’m wondering if that will be my next move. Maybe Tube integrated.