Speakers and amplifiers show audiophiles are confused.

An audiophile buys a pair of speakers for $50K or $100K then asks what amps make them sound best. That’s about as smart as marrying a girl without knowing her personality. What are the specs that will insure your expensive new speakers and amps will work optimality with each other? There’s got to be an app for that, well no there isn’t because there are too many variables and companies don’t present their specs in a standard ways. Why is it that speaker and amplifier manufactures don’t recommend specific amps for their speakers? Beyond power, impedance, and making your own crossovers how do you choose amplifiers to get all the potential out of your speakers?

128x128donavabdear

I can't get no relief.

@pennfootball71      Today's Krells are NOT pure Class A.  As soon as the signal gets challenging, they move to Class B.  But not until after the challenge is over.  That's why they don't run hot.  Pure Class A has to run hot; a scientific fact that cannot be by-passed.

@pennfootball71    So sorry.  I meant of course to say modern Krells try to defeat time by moving from regular Class B to Class A, not as I said.

@donavabdear Can also be like buying a perfomance car and knowing which is the best road to drive it on. Good anology.