what are your top "audio bargins" in your system history?

It is great to have all the money you need to have the best and endless upgrading.  But what about the components you've had that were inexpensive that turned out to be favorites of yours?

jusam

Grace Digital Link internet Radio.

Musical Fidelity v90 dac

Shure m97xe cartridge

Audioquest type 4 speaker cable

Technics mk7 

All the above are value for your money, I love them and would recommend the above components/cable to anyone. Their prices pale in comparison to my other stuff, by a large margin, yet provide me with great enjoyment. Bought most of them on sale or at a discount, even better!

In 1982 I saw a pair of ESS TranStatics listed in The Recycler, priced at $400. They originally retailed for $1200 in the early-70's, when I had lusted for a pair.

The speaker is a 3-way, the highs reproduced by three RTR ESL tweeters (the same tweeters Infinity was using at the time in their Servo-Static and 2000A models), the mids by a KEF 5" B110 driver, the bass by the renown KEF B139 oval woofer (used by David Wilson in his original 1970's WAMM) in a transmissionline enclosure.

Still have 'em!

Right now I can buy a Nakamichi CR-7A cassette deck for 800 dollars. I believe it's in good working order. Should I buy it and flip it?

To this day I have no idea why the seller priced a 9.5 out of 10 Rotel RHA-10 preamp at $300, but I do know it wasn’t stolen.

I hooked it up, turned it up, then looked it up; there was only one on sale in all the world, in Germany for $1300.