Some more modern jazz piano trios

Since discovering Christian Pabst several years ago, I've been slowly expanding my catalog of good contemporary jazz piano trios. Among these include the absolutely fantastic Triosence and the equally melodious Yuko Mabuchi Trio. An older artist still putting out immaculately played and recorded albums is Steve Kuhn and his trio.

Any other suggestions?

128x128simao

The Bad plus is certainly an awe inspiring, high energy trio. And like I wrote in the original post, Triosence is getting a lot of streaming and vinyl play on my system the past few months

Hiromi - The Trio Project / Wirth Anthony Jackson on bass and Simon Philips on drums. 4 albums: Voice, Alive, Move, Spark

Gonzalo Rubalcaba - The Trio / With Dennis Chambers on drums, Brian Bromberg on bass.

Gonzalo Rubalcaba - The Skyline Trio / With Ron Carter on bass, Jack DeJohnette on drums.

Craig Taborn - Light Made Lighter, Craig Taborn Trio, Chants, Flaga: Book of Angels Volume 27.

Hiromi is the closest to fusion but she has seriously frightening chops.

Gonzalo is also a beast of a player, with great feel and knowledge of the language.

Craig Taborn is probably the most introspective of the 3, and probably the most progressive.

I am getting the idea, that Taborn maybe the heir apparent to Keith Jarrett. especially his ECM releases. Not that he is a Jarrett copy or anything, but his musical philosophy seems in the same ballpark. His release, Daylight Ghosts (a quartet from 2017), and his newest solo piano recording, Shadow Plays (2021), have me thinking that way.

More...

Ayumi TanakaTrio - Subaqueous Silence / Lots of space and atmosphere on this one.

Bobo Stenson has several trio recordings on ECM, from the early 90's up through the present. All are quite good.

Tord Gustavson also has several excellent trio recordings on ECM.

Joanne Brackeen - Special Identity, Keyed In, / With Jack DeJohnette and Eddie Gomez. In the early 80's, she had a quite unique approach to her playing, but then she just fell into recording way too many albums of 'standards'. Yawn...