Rhodium plated audio grade wall socket

Is this snake oil?

https://www.mcru.co.uk/product/rhodium-plated-audio-grade-wall-socket/?v=79cba1185463

I am renovating my house so have the opportunity to overhaul everything including the electrics. I am having a dedicated line from the breaker box/RCD to my hifi equipment. Will adding these types of wall sockets also help reduce interference from other household appliances, routers etc? What does Rhodium actually do in this case? It’s less conductive than copper, silver and gold.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

cainullah

Rhodium is not a great conductor but sounds exotic and marketing types love to brag about it.

I am renovating my house so have the opportunity to overhaul everything including the electrics.

1) Add  a dedicated AC line for your system.

2) Install a "Sorcer Apprentice" from Add Powr near breaker box.

3) Install upgraded wall outlets from Pangea.

4) ACOUSTIC TREATMENTS- Vendors offer free consults, check auralex.com. sontiususa.com, or primacoustic.com

@kota1 So those Pangea outlets use "gold-plated beryllium copper contacts". Will this make much of a difference? Is this better than Rhodium?

1) I am doing this

2) What does the sorcer do? It's expensive. Could I add this further down the line? I'm presuming I can just put it near the breaker box at a later date.

3) Why the Pangea? I'm in UK so will need UK sockets. But I'm sure I can find a similar quality brand. I thought MCRU was this.

4) I will definitely treat the room. I have bought an Umik-1 mic so will use that with REW to measure the room first. But I hadn't thought of free consultations from the vendors. I'll definitely get in touch. Thank you!

1) Good

2) The ADD-POWR products upgrade the signal harmonics. I recommended that product because it can be added at the breaker box. They have less expensive products that can be used within the room, NP. You need to check out their website for details.

3) I only recommended Pangea because I have tried it. Get a brand appropriate for UK, I don't know rhodium but have had good results with outlet upgrades in general.

4) The vendors have dome thousands of rooms and will give you an anaalysis, even if you don't place an order:

https://auralex.com/room-analysis/

@cainullah - Take a look at this link on electrical conductivity of metals

Electrical Conductivity

You will see what metals conduct the best. Rhodium is way down the list and is used only because it is hard wearing and it looks nice and shiney

However - it’s very hard to get the metals with the best conductivity into an outlet - not to mention very expensive.

I have found that Hospital grade outlets have a tendancy to "clamp" more effectively than a standard outlet and for a more reasonable cost than the unit you have posted

Unfortunately you have posted a picture of a UK outlet, which I am not too familiar with.

But you could try something like this unit...

RED COLOR 13 AMP UK BRITISH OUTLET, SOCKET, 13 AMPERE, 13A, BS 1363 A, UK, MK, ASTA, BSI, BRITISH, BS 1363, CE IEC TYPE G (internationalconfig.com)

In combination with one of these silver plated plugs...

UK Mains Plugs | HIFICollective

I think they might be more effective.

Regards - Steve