Fee for home audition

I am in the market for a music server/streamer. I was discussing with one of the authorized dealers for a streamer. He had a demo unit and was willing to bring to my home for an hour and let me try. He is located around 10-15 minutes from my home. He wants to charge 5% for home demo. Is this the industry standard? I am not meaning to disparage anyone so not going to name the dealer. I am just trying to see what the standard practice is. 

svenjosh

@ghasley, do you use almpifi alien meshwork as Wi-Fi extender and connect to Ethernet or do you use usb dongle? 

On the Grimm, there actually is a non-official way to add WiFi if you’re so inclined. You can get one of those USB TP Link things and put it into the Grimm. $30 piece. I haven’t tried it but folks on the Audiophile Style thread about the Grimm have done that with success.

@svenjosh  lol… “are you a dealer? You sound nice”

Congrats on your MU1!  Should maybe have mine next week if I’m lucky.  Could be a few days later.

Just curious, is there a type of music you find that it sounds better in NOS mode vs 4X OS mode?  And in the cases where NOS mode was better, are you able to describe why?