Considering moving to separates with a tube preamp-appreciate recommendations

I currently drive Dynaudio Evoke 50 speakers with a Hegel H390 integrated amp. The Hegel also functions as my DAC and streamer.

I use an Elac Alchemy PPA-2 phono pre with a Technics SL-1200G turntable.

I also have a Denon DCD-A110 SACD player.

I've been pleased with this setup, but enjoy trying new combinations of gear, so I'm considering moving to separates for the preamp and amp. I'd like to try a tube preamp mated to a solid state class A/B amp.

I'm considering something used in the $3-$4K neighborhood for the preamp. PrimaLuna EVO 400, Rogue RP-7, and PS Audio BHK Signature are at the top of my list. 

Potential used stereo solid state amps in the $4-$6K range include the Parasound JC5, PS Audio BHK 250, or maybe Yamaha M-5000 or Rotel/Michi S5. I'd also consider something from Mark Levinson or Modwright if it was in the price range.

The Bel Canto EX-1 amp intrigues me too, but it's class D, and I'm not sure about it...

Appreciate input form anyone with experience with these options (or others in these price ranges).

Thanks

jpipes

Definitely check out the Yamaha M-5000.  It's a beast of an amp, despite the 100 watt rating.  I replaced a Coda No. 8 amp with the M-5000 and could not be more pleased.  

Also keep an eye on the retailers that sell them.  Not long ago one had refurbished ones for 40% off the new price.

grab some power !!

stereo amp or if have room, mono blocks, 

new cables,  great system, speakers need power, not for loud, but for smooth listening, effortless sound.

demo some.....

power is your friend

For tubed preamp either the Supratek Chardonnay at $2000 base price or the Cabernet 6SN7 at $3000.  For amps look at the Kinki Studio EX-M7 stereo amp at $2800 or the EX-B1 mono pair at $3700 or if you want an American made amp the Van Alstine SET 500 for stereo at $2800 or the DVA 225 mono pair at $3400. Depending on the combo you chose you would have between $3500-$5000 for a quality DAC.  I've owned the BHK preamp/250 combo and sold them both for the Supratek/Kinki combo.  The BHK preamp needs to be run into a fully balanced amp or it is noisier than it normally is anyway.  Plus it's extremely picky about tube matching. The 250 while a good sounding amp is heavy and puts out a lot of heat. 

Hi @jackd , I was looking at the Kinki EX-M7 and can you tell me if they’re picky about preamps? I have a Erhard Aretha tube preamp (6SL7 tubes) that I could run it with.

I am seriously thinking about getting a Vincent SA-T7MK hybrid preamplifier because of the tube front end and especially cause I'm trying to think out of the box and know Vincent gear has tone control, which I know is a no no, with the purist here.