My Impossible hum issue.

I have done everything that I have read about ground loops without success. My system is on an outlet that goes directly to the main panel with nothing else plugged into this circuit. None of the usual suspects are in this room like TV, radio, appliances or flourecent lighting. When using any other source other than the turntable, the system is dead silent. The turntable is on a wall mount turntable shelf. The speakers are on stands. This hum is only present when the turntable is the source. The hum is much louder with a MC cartridge than a MM cartridge. The hum is present when connected to an external phono preamp or the internal phono preamp of the my system preamp. I have tried every combitnation of grounding and not grounding. Whether or not I plug into the wall outlet or power conditioner/surge protector the hum persists. I beleive that I have tried everything except a different turntable. I have made sure power cables, speaker cables and interconnects don't cross each other. I've tried everything except moving to another state or hiring an exorcist.

Ag insider logo xs@2xadamsrpm

So now figure out the difference between the cables that work and the ones that don't.  Probably in the way they are grounded.  And then you can order upgraded cables that don't hum.

Audio envy has offered cables with versatile grounding systems and I think they are pretty good at customer support.   Other cable makers are too.

Congrats.

Jerry

Sometimes a professional with a multi-meter and an oscilloscope is the best answer.  It's okay to admit, i have a son that's too busy doing this stuff because of people like me. 

Just because it has to be said, and I don't believe that anyone else threw this out there, it could be a Dinah-Moe-Humm.  If so, contact Frank Zappa.  I laugh deeply now, as a totally nerded Zappa fan. 

Your cartridge is acting like a microphone and if its MC then its being amplified much more by your phono pre-amp than if it were a MM. Move your turntable further away from your system and the hum will reduce. Also, move your RCA cables from the TT away from any other cables including AC power cords. 

If your telecommunication provider is coax cable based, this 4k compatible filter and available at Amazon.ca, could be the end of your nightmare.Works perfectly for me : 

Isolation Transformer / Ground Loop Isolator https://a.co/d/dAvbDC1

More to the point, you might contact Pangea or your vendor and ask for a return authorization, on the basis that their ICs seem to have an internal short circuit on the ground side. By "internal" I mean that the issue probably is inside the insulating sheath or outer cover OR it's at one end where the wire is soldered to the ground side of an RCA plug. (It's unlikely to have been a problem with an AC cord; in that case you would have no power to the TT.)