Denafrips FPGA Firmware Update

In case there are any Denafrips DAC owners out there that are not aware of the FPGA Firmware Update, here's the link:

I did the update on my Ares II earlier today and am currently enjoying the results.  It is definitely an improvement without question.

mceljo

@alvin1118 Does the firmware apply to all models of the Terminator? Even the very first model before the DSP board upgrade?

To Alvin: Having received my Pontus II on March 6th; is it possible that the update was applied prior to shipment?

Firmware update worked well and so far so good with sound and use. No problems at all w/ Mac Os Big Sur.

It's satisfying that Denafrips/Vinshine looking after existing customers like this. I do think Alvin and his team are very customer focussed and responsive. It's worth just as much as the quality of the product that the after service is so strong.

Just be careful with those little screws on the unit, as their thread is easily stripped.

Does/do these firmware upgrades work also on the newest Ares (anniversary) dac or do those come with the updated firmware already?