Choosing new cables

I am looking to upgrade my current cables.  This should be my last system as I retired a few years ago and most of my components have been seriously updated in the last couple of years.  I have been in this audio hobby for about 50 years and have always have great sounding musical systems.

My current cables all work and sound great but are 15 - 20 years old.  So updating is what I need.  I am budgeting around $10k - $15k for all new cables.

I have always felt the i/c's were the most important cable followed by the speaker cables and the power cords.  However I am now leaning towards spending more on the power cords followed by the speaker cables and last the i/c.

I know all cables are very important but how would you prioritize the cables?  Any suggestions on any brands would also be appreciated!

bobheinatz

Before you change cables I would check out Add-Powr products which upgrade the actual signal in your cables and your gear. Might as well start at the source. Does @cohsystms have any suggestions?:

Given the high quality of your components I would recommend either Transparent or high level Cardas. Nordost must be high in their levels… so those will cost you… I don’t find lower level Nordost that good.

Definitely an AudioQuest Hurricane or Dragon power cord for your amp. This could easily be the biggest difference you hear.

Definitely try these… the differences will likely be subtitle but very important. The Cardas even at the highest level will be slightly warm… this could add a touch of musicality your system needs or not. Take your time. I’m retired as well. It took me well over a year to slowly zero in on perfect… positioning, cables, interconnects, and power cords and room treatment… worth every moment. My system sounds sooo. Much better in comparison to how it started it is astonishing. You can see my system under my ID. Put yours there and we could probably be even more helpful.

@kota1 Indeed, one needs to start at the source of power in your system. A dedicated power circuit with a reliable ground is a good start. Cables have tonal characteristics that greatly affect sound and influence how you perceive and listen to sound. Cables should be neutral in the task of delivering an audio signal to a loudspeaker.

The problem with cables is that they are an essential accessory and are an expensive investment at that, in most cases. Interconnect, speaker, and power cord cabling can amount to a huge outlay of tens of thousands of dollars.

Now there is another solution to achieving great sound that doesn't break the bank.

The goal of ADD-Powr products is to increase the musicality of the audio system from the AC power source to the delivery of the signal to the speaker. This increase is verified and measured by spectrum analysis which examines the frequency response in terms of s/n (signal-to-noise) response.

What is missing from the AC power entering the audio and video system? Answer: The ability to supply harmonically rich power. 

Sorcer and Wizard products will deliver harmonic rich sound. And you will save yourself from breaking the bank and start experience the full potential of your system. In a word, true enjoyment.

Thanks for the feedback so far.  This will be a slow process one that I want to do right.   Keep them coming.