Women Who Rock

There is an excellent new docuseries on Amazon Prime called "Women Who Rock".

This series goes pretty much back to the beginning and continues through today.

Highly recommended!!!

128x128mofimadness

My point is that:

People consider a male artist an….artist.
A female artist is a…”female artist.”  

It’s just stupid.  
No one would make a thread of “best male vocalists” 

is not quite accurate, and I have seen threads of 'best male vocalists'. 

Personally, I don't believe in artistic 'rewards'; I have no use for Grammys or Halls of Fame - I agree that art is not a competition, but it gets treated like that whether I like it or not. 

@larsman I agree on all points except the conflation of music industry awards with music forums/music fans talking about music. If the industry does that (as they have for years) to maximize profits, that’s their prerogative, I guess, as unfortunate as it is.  
I don’t see how real music fans need to segregate things, to qualify the value of music on biological terms.

@tylermunns - yes, I can see that differentiation between music fans' discussions and industry awards. Categorization can be such a graveyard for great music that remains unheard because of it. 

I dunno... I don't worry about gender nor race

That said, I was underwhelmed both by Joan Jett and by Alanis Morisette when I saw them in concert (separately).  Jett was, dare I say, boring and predictable... Morisette I could barely understand the vocals even though I am familiar with her big album.

Heart, though, I did like live, twice.

I’ve known a few female drummers, and their lesser physical strength (compared to males) is a definite disadvantage. But they often play with great sensitivity and taste. Very unmasculine ;-) .

Cindy Blackman would like to have a word with you in the back alley...