Fee for home audition

I am in the market for a music server/streamer. I was discussing with one of the authorized dealers for a streamer. He had a demo unit and was willing to bring to my home for an hour and let me try. He is located around 10-15 minutes from my home. He wants to charge 5% for home demo. Is this the industry standard? I am not meaning to disparage anyone so not going to name the dealer. I am just trying to see what the standard practice is. 

svenjosh

As a dealer, a fee to listen at home for an hour seems unwarranted.  When large heavy speakers or amps that require hiring manpower and a moving van, that’s a different story.  And yes, repeat buyers are afforded courtesies that a new shopper may not. We have had to read the riot act to “loaner abusers” on occasion.  And no dealer wants to go to the trouble and expense of presenting, loaning, etc. and then have the customer buy elsewhere…especially online…without being given a fair chance to make the sale.  That can poison a relationship pretty fast!

Don't buy in Thailand - I bought an AQ power cable , had it for a week .

Decided  the higher quality , more expensive lead  was for me .Assumed I would get  a credit for returned lead on price of up grade .

Was told only half price given as now second hand cable !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

What’s the brand and model ?  This way we can see how good it is and 

the odds  would like it ,you should state the brand and model   Just to let. Others 

know it’s not a $600  what most long term Audiophiles would not be happy with.

There are other dealers that will ship you this as a new unit and send a "demo" invoice and give you a week to 10 days to demo in your home.  If you like it then you buy it within those 10 days and keep it. If you don't like it then you ship it back.  I do know that the Grimm MU1 is in tight supply for components due to the war in Ukraine. PM me if you are interested.