What amps are out there that are Class A, 50 wpc into 8 ohms?

This is NOT a buying advice question.

This is a purely theoretical question. A friend and I were trying to figure out what is available that is:

(a) Class A 

(b) 50w into 8 ohms or better

My guess is that the answers will be Pass, Sugden, and then very very expensive things like Gryphon. I'm curious to see what folks come up with.

Just for fun.

Thoughts?

128x128hilde45

Anything over 30-40 watts being sold as Class A is not pure class A, it’s class A biased. And the majority of the amps mentioned here are good examples. If Pure Class A is what you’re after (sounds alot better) don’t waste time with most of the amps mentioned here. And yes anything Pure Class can get pricey. Sugden and Pass might be the only exceptions, and they both make Pure Class A products. Most of Sugden’s product line is Pure Class A and it sounds superb.

The trade off to a Pure Class A amp and the sound it produces is the limitation of the wattage and it's ability to drive a wide array of speakers. 

I'll add another mention for Clayton Audio. I have a S100SE, very sweet sounding with a wonderful midrange.

@jc51373 not true, the Belles SA30 was tested by a British Hi-Fi magazine and measured around 50w in true class A. I can believe that as the amp gets very hot.