FAVORITE POWER CABLE under $100 (1M)

Ready to replace my stock power cables with a limited budget...Ideas, opinions, favorites please...

larseand

@testpilot what do you do with the extra?  coil it up?  that makes a noise generator.  I like cables to be just the right length.  

I do think some salespeople like to sell longer cables but don't think they have any good technical reason.

Jerry

@musiclover1 and  ​​​​@mbolek 

Yes. Viborg 1501 (I am partial to the 1501 terminated in the top of line Viborg male

and IEC copper plugs-VM/VF 502 or 512's and have those in use in my system) with the top of line Viborg connectors is a seriously good power cord. 

It falls slightly outside the discussion in this case because it is just slightly north of $100 but it is an outstanding cable and gets better when cryoed. I use them in my system on an Aqvox Phono 2CI preamp, a Unison Research Triode 25 integrated and an Audio Sensibility power distributor. 

I also use the Viborg 1606  that I have DIY'ed with the Viborg connectors in a secondary system on a Shengya A-216 and another Audio Sensibility power distributor so have a bit of experience with both Viborg cables. 

The 1501 with quality terminations is going to be competitive with a lot of European and North American commercial offerings in the $750-$1500 range particularly if you can have it cryoed. 

Possibly well beyond that. I auditioned a bunch of power cords about a year ago with a friend who had them on loan from a local dealer over the Christmas holidays that included Cardas Clear, some higher range Audioquest (which I thought were the best of the bunch) and Nordost Tyr, which I wouldn't trade even for any of my Viborg cords for what it's worth. The Tyr was an absolutely hideous cord in the system that I heard it in, which was quite good. 

Which may not be an absolute indication of quality as opposed to the idea that system synergy may in fact play a very big part in all of this. 

I'd recommended either Supra LoRad 2.5 SPC CS or Belden, so long as it's well shielded with the shield earthed. I really don't see much point in spending more. 

MS HD power make great plugs. Easy to wire up with plenty of room in the UK wall plug. Far better value than Furutech. 

Post removed