FAVORITE POWER CABLE under $100 (1M)

Ready to replace my stock power cables with a limited budget...Ideas, opinions, favorites please...

larseand

I’ve purchased a handful of Signal Cables used...all the Magic Power Cable in various sizes. They come up occasionally preowned at good prices. But even new they are a great deal.

I can’t compare them to higher end cables but I can compare them to the standard IEC power cords that come with most components and in my stereo, I perceived instant improvement from inserting these...especially on my amp and preamp.

In terms of the DIY suggestions...are there any resources out there that illustrate various methods? This is something I’d like to try. Soldering or screwing terminations to raw cable seems simple enough but I know there are some more esoteric methods as well that may help with noise or filtering.

Since Biden didn't take office until January 2021, I guess it's the other guy's fault.

carlsbad

1,463 posts

@stereo5 Just reporting factual prices before and after Jan 2020.  Don't ask me about gasolne.

I ditto the Signal cable power cord, though it's a tad over $100. I have about 3 of their power cords, and assorted interconnects and one 10ft run of speaker cable.  The cables are all well made.  I first became aware of that company right here on Audiogon.  Good Luck!!

http://signalcable.com/magicpower.html

+1 for Cullen Canles. Great customer service. I replaced every power cable w/Cullen. Noticeable difference that my girlfriend noticed as well.