New Class D amplifiers

Hello. I'm very interested in getting your opinion on the newer Class D amplifiers.  There has been a couple of very positive reviews (by Guttenberg) of the Bel Canto C6i and NAD M23.  These, and perhaps some others are offering new technology that significantly lower the class D noise level and other drawbacks.    

I currently use a Class A amp, Pass Labs INT-25 (with Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers) which has a wonderful sound. But I am transitioning to another location, and due to using Roon primarily I find that this system stays on most of the day.  Due to heat and power usage of Class A amplifiers, I'm interested in translating to Class D if I find something comparable.

128x128grantgg

@ddafoe ,

I noticed that you have the new AtmaSphere amps. Congratulations on the new acquisition. Would be eager to know how they compared to the Pass you had perviously. I have read nothing but great reviews about Ralph’s Class D amps.

There may be not much of universal objectivity in comparing  different amplifiers.  The tastes are different . Most people like 8 cylinder pickups. I don't like them independently of their price and the gasoline they require. I prefer a light sport car. If an "American meat and potato" translates to an 8-cylinder pickup,  I am not sure if I will like Atmosphere class d. In fact I am not  impressed with Pass labs stuff, it's again matter of a taste.  If you want to drink water and instead you are given a very good prepared tasty lemonade, you would not like to drink it. I don't like  lemonade and Coca-Cola-like drinks although most people do like them (by the way if you want a cheap version of a Pass  amplifier, try Nuprime stuff, e.g. ST-10 class d amplifier). I'm so glad I was able to repair my Cherry Megaschino class d amplifier. I can now drink a pure good quality water. Tommy would have been very happy to hear this. 

Kuribo, your judgement may come from some objective data, this may make sense. To be more convincing you may go a bit deeper into the design basis of some GAN amplifiers, e.g , those of Atmosphere. Of course it would be important to compare them by yourself with Purifi etc.  (By the way, what you would say about the former amplifiers if they were five times cheaper?) In fact, i own LSA GaN Voyager for already some months and keep it on a shelf unplugged. I am disappointed not only with its sonic properties but also with a terrible service i experienced. 

ICE ICE baby! Checkout the Legacy ICEedge technology amps. Own one and love it!

AFAIK, ICEedge was relatively new.  ICEpower however has been around for much longer.

So when we say "legacy ICE" I have to believe you mean ICEpower.  Maybe I'm mistaken.

I have no personal agenda, other than to call out over priced, under performing products when I see them. 

more further proof that audio is full of insecure, status seekers who like to spend extravagant amounts of money on products to assuage their frail egos.

@kuribo, well done, after incredible amounts of excruciatingly repetitive posts on almost every Class D related thread that is created on this site, you now make it very clear your agenda and also what you think of us (likely the majority of the posters on these objective forums too) as 'status seekers'  who like to 'spend extravagant amounts of money on products to assuage their frail egos.'

Nice; from my perspective, all the more reason to skip over your posts...

Oh yea, what system do you listen to again?  Just a hint, if you have mandated yourself to save us 'status seekers' from spending too much on Class D amplification, you might want to tell the rest of us what your system consists of and describe to us how it sounds and performs.