Mola Mola Tambaqui Roon vs Separate Streamers

I'm currently using my Mola Mola Tambaqui with Roon streaming Tidal.

Has anyone added a separate streamer such as the Auralic Aries G2/2.1 or the Lumin U1?  If so, was differences did you hear with the streamer addition?  Is it worthwhile?  

I'd love to hear feedback from other Tambaqui owners.

Thanks!

calgarian5355

@low325 How is your Grimm MU1 and Tambaqui working out?  Did you keep your Lumin X1 to compare?  I'm curious to hear your findings! 

I am late to this thread but here goes. I just acquired the Mola Mola Tambaqui amd all I can say is OMG. I had been using the PS Audio DSD. After 8 years was ready for a change. 

3 months ago a friend suggested I consider a Small Green Computer to replace my Mac Mini as my music server. It comes with the Roon core installed. I more than love it. Super fast, zero latency and built like a tank. And I’m using the Sonore Rendu SE as my streamer and in my view, tough to be their fiber optic approach to music. So I’m using my Sonore to stream to the Tambaqui and it’s MAGIC. At “only” 5k for the Sonore SE and  the STi5 I have for about $1200  we are looking at $6200, about half as much as the Grimm. Now, all that said, I’m sure the Grimm is fantastic. But given it’s twice the price as my combined two units, is it twice as good for twice the price?  I sincerely doubt it very much.  

Guys, what do you think - mola mola tambaqui with auralic aries g1 with hoer wege power supply is it better than only mola mola with ethernet?

Helllo,  @rolandas_stripeikis,  I have the Tambaqui and it is amazing.  But put it with a quality streamer and it is even better.  I have the Auralic Aries G2.1 and it improved everything.  Then, like you are thinking, I added an better power supply.  I went all in with a custom Sean Jacobs PS and it improved things yet again.  It should at its cost!  If you look at the Innuos Statement, that is what they have done, adding an upgraded power supply.  I now have my eye on the Grimm MU1 to use as a my streamer.  Contact me if you want to further discuss.  Ken

@krell_fan1 I have been singing the praises of the Sonore Optic streaming stuff for a while. I had 3 OpticRendu's but sold 2 recently. Reason being is that I got the Lumin X1 DAC which also has fibre streaming, along with 2 output streaming. 

I did a comparison of the fibre stream of the X1 vs the opticalRendu and I preferred the Sonore a bit more. The sound was a bit more refined with the oR while the X1 was aggressive and fast. Both have their merits and place. However, when you consider the price delta between the 2 units, the oR is a great buy.