Building stands for Harbeth 40.2's

I talked with my builder today. I told them I would reach out for more expert opinions on a final design.

Since the TonTragers are the benchmark for Harbeth stands, I'm trying to match them as much as possible.

Question 1- The TonTragers have a 1 inch riser in each corner of the top of the stand. Is this critical for optimal sound ? Or would it be sufficient for the speaker to sit flat on the top of the stand ?

Question 2- Obviously the top needs to be open except for the exterior frame, but can the base be a solid flat piece of wood...or should that be open also ?

Please chime in with any ideas...also I plan on using some good cone spikes on the bottom.

I've attached a pic of the TonTrager for reference for the above questions.

Thanks in advance.

krelldog

So TonTrager has the extended tenon on the top. For lack of a better term "decouples" the speaker from the stand...or something of that nature.

Resonant Woods just has a flat surface where the speaker sits on top of the stand.

I'm trying to determine if the extended tenon is needed for optimum sound ?

Thoughts ?

One non sound advantage is being able to get your fingers under the speaker to lift or place-this is in reference to the TonTrager design.

BTW- Does anyone have the dimension of the extended tenon on the TonTragers ?

Or maybe a link to specific dimensions.

I have the general numbers of height/width/depth. I'm specifically looking for the height/width of the extended tenon on top.

Thanks

Does anyone have the dimension of the extended tenon on the TonTragers ?

I’ll take a stab from memory alone: ~20mm high and 20mm wide