Name 3 songs where audio quality and song quality completely align

Lately I’ve found myself alternating between music I love (but sounds mediocre) and music I don’t know well or only like (but sounds incredible).

Occasionally, I stumble across a track where the song could both serve as a great show off piece for my gear and I love the music.

If you can, name up to 3 songs where the audio and song quality take you over the moon with pleasure.

128x128hilde45

Richard & Linda Thompson: "Shoot Out The Lights", but the whole album of the same title is fantastic.

Daivid Lindley: "Mercury Blues", but the whole El Rayo-X album is fantastic.

Gordon Lightfoot: "Me And Bobby McGee".

The Beach Boys: "Don’t Worry Baby". Get it on the Analogue Productions reissue of the Surfer Girl album.

T Bone Burnett: "Driving Wheel". When looking for the Truth Decay LP, make sure you get one that says "Distributed by Chrysalis Records" under the Takoma Records logo on the bottom of the back cover. The later pressing---which reads "Distributed by Allegiance Records"---was mastered by an engineer who cut off the song after the band comes to a "false" ending! On the Chrysalis pressing, after the false ending the band comes back in and plays out as the song fades to silence.

Joe Jackson - Live in New York - Summer in the City

Medeley and other songs. This is for real. Live and dynamic.

+ 1 on "Live in New York - Summer in the City" by Joe Jackson (seek out the hybrid SACD version). Lot's of great "cover songs" on it. Speaking of which:

Edie Brickell - Walk On the Wild Side

Indigo Girls - Down By the River

Rickie Lee Jones - Showbiz Kids

Almost any release on the ECM jazz/new music, label.

From their earliest in the early 70’s, up through their current releases.

Even with their studio recordings, there is a very real sense of real musicians, all playing at the same time, in the same acoustic space.

Also, they used very high quality vinyl on their original releases, so they were dead quiet. I’ve also noticed with used copies I have bought recently, a very high percentage of them seem to be in very good condition.

On their CD releases, they never fell into any bad digital habits, like: excessive compression, noise gating, etc. Their CD’s are consistently very good.

And musically, extremely good. Creative without being on the extreme avant-garde side. They always seem to find lesser known musicians, with world class chops.

A very easy label to buy blind.

And let me add, they hardly ever sound like they are trying to be a 'jazz nostalgia' label. They always seem to artists with a fresh take on jazz. 

@12many @mitch2 

Fink has a lot of really good stuff, especially a few of his acoustic session albums "Resurgam Acoustic Session" and "Bloom Innocent - Acoustic."

Trouble's What You're In is one of my original reference tracks when first getting into 2 channel.