Rell or JL subwoofer?

I have 4 classe 25 amps biamping 4000 watts to a set of Bowers 802D3, I currently have 2 12 inch svs pro 1000 sealed subs, 500 watts each and a 15 inch klipsch like 800 watts, do to space I need to get rid of the 15 inch klipsch, so I’m upgrading my 12 inch svs , I use my system for 50% music and 50% movies and I do prefer smooth movie bass that the svs subs give out,  everyone says Rell is for music, and to get JL audio, but my dealer that sells Rell said Rell is definitely the way to go for movies and music that Jl is not . I have learned to trust him, very kewl guy, so his opinion got me confused cause everyone else said Rel is only for music and JL is actually hybrid for both music and movies. I’m looking at JL audio fathom 112 or fathom 113 vs Rel s812 or Rel carbon series, which do you guys recommend? I leave it up to you guys!!thanks so much 

128x128mariobeniteziv

All three manufacturers make fine subs.

I have owned two JL F112 (original version) for about 15 years. During that time, they each have had to go back to the factory twice for problems. To JL’s credit, they did the fourth repair at n/c after I complained. The subs also emit mechanical hum, necessitating use of an AVA HumBuster on each.

If you are thinking of new JLs, they are better in terms of adjustment (easier to use and more capable) than the old ones. I believe JL has upped the specs of the capacitors (the point of failure), so perhaps new ones don’t require as much maintenance. I don't know if the new ones hum.

I have owned two SVS SB-3000 for a couple of years. They also are excellent subs and have plenty of adjustments -- more than my JLs. I also like the ability to adjust from their app. I have found SVS customer service excellent. Unlike my JLs, the subs do not emit any hum; they are dead quiet. They also are far more cost-effective than the JLs.

REL has many fans. What has troubled me is the firm’s insistence that speaker-level connections are superior to like-level ones, which seems like marketing nonsense to me. Yet many people love them.

You might consider a couple of SB-3000 or SB-4000 to replace your current subs.

P.S. Mine is a music-only system. No video.

Does the Rel line level split the signal through an internal crossover then speaker line goes filtered to the speaker? If that’s the case I would not really want to take a high end speaker then send that signal through another crossover. I like speakers that can run fullish range or at least 40 hz and run them full range and set the sub crossover to that level.