Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

I will say my Vandersteen’s sound very good at low to moderate level. Then they sound fantastic with some juice. I think you can’t really compare low to moderate level to full on. They can both sound very good low level listening you are just not feeling the music as well. You know that kick drum punch to your gut that is oh so good.

@jeffS In my room 14x14 with dormer behind seating position . Speakers  8ft from seat. Having little experience with other speakers although did auditioned Kef Meta probably 16 months ago and Polk Reserve 200 maybe 1year ago. LRS+ were very enjoyable. Image seemed to float. Nice vocals. Probably only  25 hours or less on them.                                                                                                                              @Macg. Should have clarified dB. I struggle not turning up. I would say average should be for me 80 dB peaks 87 no more.                                                                  @Speakerdude. Your right about Lokius. Need to experiment. Thank you everone

Minutes after my last post. I took out phone an used sound meter checked. Thats a little loud for me. I would now say mid 70s average. most of the time with an occasional fun time. I did need to turn up volume nob on LRS some, but between Cherry amp and tube goodness from Freya+ I was more than satisfied with every CD I played weather John Hiatt, Zach Williams, Uriah Heep,, or Spocks Beard.

One of the other factors-- didn't see it mentioned- is the level of ambient noise in the listening room. My room, without adding additional window treatment which I have- registers in the very low 30 dbs, "C" weighted-- I'm on a quiet residential street with little traffic. 

That translates into even more musical information being revealed by the system without having to compete with a noisy background. And is a pretty simple measurement to make and take steps to address, if necessary. 

Several mentioned about the ISO 2003 Equal Loudness Contour (ELC). In the following, I will show you how to translate those curves into practices, i.e., use the notion to program the EQ presets in whatever the player you have. I used foobar2000 as the example but the notion can be adapted to any freq. bandwidth you have in the EQ. I have been using these presets listening to music for some time especially low-level listening at night and the experience is great.