Shipping a turntable with plinth from England to USA

Hi!

I am considering purchasing a used Garrard turntable with a heavy plinth from a gentleman in England.  He is "throwing in" an amp to go with it.  The two packages will weigh about 75 lbs.  He has never shipped anything that weighs this much to the USA before.  He is at the beginning on his end looking into this.  

Any advice on a moderately inexpensive way to do this?

He and I have already discussing the issue of the gear being packaged safely for its trip to the USA.

Thanks!

128x128rpppr

theoretically, if you ship an extra luggage for your flight, they will charge you a $100

So if you find someone travelling from England, it is what it takes.  I brought stranger things crossing the Big Blue once or twice a year for the last 30 years.

I've done something similar.  I am involved with a group that donates Lacrosse sticks to schools in Ireland.  I will bring a bag of them with me one-way for $50 and save myself hundreds of dollars.

Now when will I be going to England?  Hmmmm

my Italian plinth DP-75 weighed 70# in the double box banded to a plywood skid w plastic fork lift feet via DHL…Deal included free shipping and to builders credit didn’t skimp.

@mijostyn Brinkmann look great and sound better ;-) i am a fan of the Bardo

Good luck in the crease….