Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

Magnepan 1.7i coupled with PS audio M700 monos is a match made in heaven for low level listening. I never feel the need to “crank it up”. I get plenty of detail and impact even at low level. I also have 2 subs in the system that contribute. Some recordings beg to be played loud and I do sometimes “crank it up” but always go back to LLL. BTW, it’s never fatiguing.

I think it's got to be panels, they have better detail and soundstage than cones at low volume.  May be because the moving membranes are lighter than cones, being much thinner and not requiring to be rigid.

There is no evidence of this I am aware of. That would show up in improved distortion at lower volume which I do not think that is the case.

I expect primarily this is a factor of a higher ratio of direct sound versus indirect sound with panels.

@thespeakerdude Actually it is physiology not biology. Either way, I'm not disputing your chart. 

physiology

1. the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts.

I am rather shocked that anybodys regular listening level is 100db. That itself looks like a road to hearing loss in the future.  An occasional peak, yeah.