Ayon cd3 Versus AMR 777cdp

Can anyone advise if they have compared these players.
andrewrona
Hi Frankpiet,
9 out 10 will tell that the Ayon CD's are top winners. All you have to do is Google the Ayon CD-1 and read it for yourself, not to mention what owners of these units have to say, right here on Audiogon, just sheer audio happiness. Review after review. Look at the 6moons review by Ken Micallef and Ken is a real level headed reviewer.

http://6moons.com/audioreviews/ayon/cd1.html

Ken states - Better than Vinly!

He compared it to the Ayre, it out soundstaged the Ayre in his opinion to include a long list of other top players. Did you know that the Ayon CD-1 outsells top tube players 2 to 1.....?
MLK
Hi Frankpiet,
Oh no, I had it upside down,wondered why the cd would not stay in :^)

Really though I had three players here I preferred over the Ayre and ended up buying the one that worked for me best.

Best,Bob
Audio852: I never trust any reviews. When you buy machines the reviewers like - in Germany mostly Accuphase or ML you realy buy crap. Big companies behind no musicality, nicely build but thats all. Same with Transrotor turntables. Great design, very well build but total lack of musicality.
I know Mr. Hirth the owner from Ayon a bit and even he would not say that the CD-1 betters the C-5xe.
When you look into German high-end mags Ayon CD-1 is ranked with 80% and CD-3 with 85% of the Nagra CD-Players performance (Stereo).
The C-5xe is ranked much higher than CD-1 (135 points vs. 105 - Stereoplay).
I think both mags are closer to reality than 6moons.
Btw: I´m a professional musician and I really can trust my ears (30 years of classic music education).
Best, Frank
Hi Frankpiet,

Review magazines, 30 years in music education has nothing to do with what a person perceives as music to their ears and what they prefer. What everyone on this blog is saying, is that the Ayon CD players, simply sound better than the C-5xe and they prefer the Ayon players, as I do.

I personally met Mr. Gerhard Hirt, owner of Ayon Audio at the Munich 2008 show and I can assure you that he would just smile, chuckle at your statement, that the C5xe is better than the Ayon CD-1.

I too am a professional musician, pianist, for that past 35 years, I enjoy a front row center live event and that is what the Ayon cd players deliver!
MLK
a front row center perspective may be what you prefer , but it is a very forward perspective. i also question whether ayon players have a balanced frequency response.

if one prefers a mid hall or rear hall position, the ayon is not the answer.

i think the amr is less timbrally inaccurate than the ayon players.