Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

very easy to assume that electrostats cannot sound loud at all -- not designed for that.

The ’Loudness’ filter on all old vintage receivers solved the problem of listening at low volumes.

Note: ’Loudness’ is a stupid name, it should have been called Low Volume Boost, or something more descriptive.

Modern equipment skips the feature, a darn shame.

This Chase Remote Line Control RLC-1 automatically engages the Fletcher Munson curve. 6 available on hifishark

Proper way to use it:

1. You set it’s volume at it’s default volume setting (no loudness engaged). Unplug/Plug it in). Leave it alone while you do step 2.

2. you use your preamp, integrated amp to set your default ’normal volume’ leave it alone.

3. Now use only the RLC-1 to boost or cut volume.

4. Lowering volume via RLC-1 will begin implementing the ’Loudness’ Curve. As you lower volume further with RLC-1, it progressively engages the Fletcher Munson curve.

here’s one New In Box.

NOTE: you must have the remote control. No active controls on the unit.

Other features:

a. 4 line level inputs

b. remote volume control, and mute

c. remote balance control

d. remote tone controls ’treble’ and ’bass’.

Also: two identical line level outputs.

On/off via RLC-1 retains your last adjustments.

NOTE: Signal to Noise is 120db

No one can hear any difference in my system with it ’in’ or ’out’.

Note: 5 of the 6 available have the remote

this one has no remote, like a door stop without the remote

It isn't just the speakers that sound good at low volume, it is the entire system.  The better the system, the less you need to turn it up.  you would benefit greatly by upgrading to one of what Tekton calls their "Flagship"--probably Moab, Encore, or Symphony would suit your needs.  

I find a great DAC and a Great tube amp with these high sensitivity speakers make listening at low levels even more enjoyable that high levels.

Jerry