AUDIO SCIENCE REVIEW and $50 to spend.........

i found this website....

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?reviews/

looks like the guy who does the reviews plays with a pink panther figurine all the time... its a okay movie...but i dont like it too much. the reviews are so hard to figure out. i am lost for words and not totally understanding what i am reading. basically it seems like he does not like most of the audio products.

can i get AMAZING sound quality for only $50 ? my bank told me i cant make any withdrawals...my wife took control. now she is not talking to me. and she locked my bedroom drawer with a little more cash. but i have $50 so i can buy something online for my JVC earbuds...i have the JVC Gumy PLUS. the sound quality is premium but i want more. i am thinking of a DIVORCE. if my wife is not going to CHANGE!!

can someone help me find a good value audio product. i need some help. also the audio store told me "do not return" i dont know what is wrong with them. i said they were not very helpful. then the MANAGER said how can I HELP YOU?? i said...i have a team of audiophiles already helping me...you guys...

please help. thank you.i am so greatful.

128x128digitalviper

It’s hilarious how everyone forgot about poor digitalvipers very important trolling post to rant about ASR!

😂😂😂

ASR provides a perspective, that’s all. It’s only one tool in your toolbox to evaluate a device. Not sure why some folks can’t see why the measurements matter in some cases, and not in others. If a company is promising high level performance on their product but the measurements clearly show that the device is not capable of doing what they claim, you can possibly save some money on the snake oil you almost bought. Audio as we know is not all about measurements or specs, but those specs and measurements in many cases can be an indicator of other things. I have a bunch of great gear that may not measure worth a crap.

Here is an example where ASR may not adequately measure the component.

I at least would like to see an transient affect under load.  The measurement was done all in frequency domain which only tests for steady state response.

I'd to see the two tests:

1. One if a frequency sweep and phase shift under load.

2. Two is a transient step response under load to see if there is excessive over or undershoot and rise/fall time retardation.

A  lot of the cheap so called power surge protection it takes away the transient of the audio system.  You can tell by listening the sound lacking vitality with the surge protector in the chain.

@prof 

I have complimented your writing, you ability to convey listening impressions, and even your taste in components many times. 

In my very humble view, ASR caters to objectivists. ASR is the audio equivalent of populist politics. Beguiling to certain inherent prejudices and pre-ordained schools of thought. Saying that you borrowed a friend's pair of $4,500 cables is not the same as saying you sampled ten pair of cables on loan from a certain PA-based retailer that loans out high-end cables for a pittance. I have done that four or five times. 

There is no "absolute sound" and there is no objective measure of a subjective experience. 

To many, to VERY many in fact, the sound character of Benchmark gear is sterile and non-engaging. Only one reviewer (say what you will, Stereophile's reviewers have broad perspective and good cred) at S'Phile uses Benchmark gear and that would be Kalman Rubinson, my least favorite and respected reviewer employed by said magazine, a man that is way past his prime and his prime was not very high. 

At least Benchmark gear is well-built. What about the badly assembled drek that ASR claims measures well but has little in the way of reliability? My highly modded Thorens TD124 and Garrard 301 don't stand up to the state of the art current era competitors' best but guess what? They will still be reproducing great music for my grandchildren. 

If ASR were to be believed, hell, even if Stereophile's measurements were to be believed, tube amps would be reconciled to the dust bins of the universe and the garbage dump on Staten Island. Who has (had) better taste in home audio-John Atkinson or Art Dudley? 

The argument about cables is too tired to be tolerated by anyone other than fools. You might as well argue about religion and it's bastard cousin-reproductive rights.