Low level listening

I am interested in everybody's thoughts on speakers on low level listening. Currently I have Tekton Lore's. They are the upgraded model and I like them, but they open to most of the time at a higher volume then I'm comfortable with. Smart me had to much fun listening to live music. " tinnitus".  I have ordered Magnapan LRS+ which I auditioned at my home which seemed more articulate at lower volumes. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Speakers or cures ? Just kidding about cures. 

128x128bobdavid

The Dali's are good. Currently my Labrador is looking to see where the hound in Pink Floyd's Seamus is at. I have the Opticon 8's.  A couple of strikes; They are not high efficiency so you have to have good watts. Strike two is there is not a lot of support. You are dealing with Denmark and very few distributors in U.S..

I would look for a pair of efficient speakers.  Something like 94db or higher.  Higher sensitivity speakers will sound more articulate at lower volume than lower sensitivity speakers.  

@stereo5 What is the correct answer on this? If you have good watts and enough of them, I think enough watts to drive lower efficiency speakers would sound better at lower volume or at least possible tie with low watts - high efficiency, right? I think I will start a thread called Variables.

DBob,

I have the same issue and also have the LRS+ on order.

Elusive as the solution may be I think you are on the right track.

Higher efficiency speakers are a common suggestion. I had some

Altec Horn speakers which were probably the best low volume

speaker I have owned. 

Let's hope the LRS+ is an even better solution!!

Post removed