Incredible improvement in sound quality

Ok, I am an old fart with a stereo. But my system sounds so much better tonight. Why? I went to my doctor today, as I do every six months (one of my favorite people)… and he noticed that one ear had a lot of wax. So, he had his nurse use a warm water irrigation device to clear it. Wow.

I use some drops, and work to keep my ear canals clear. But, for some reason I was not able to clear my right ear.

So, wow. My system sounds so much better. Sometimes you just need a professional. Although technically you can buy these devices for a couple hundred on line. You need to realize you need to use it.

ghdprentice

@falconquest 

Tinnitus is not an ear problem!

Then what is it?

I have tinnitus. I use the Rain app to help me sleep. And I get more wax build up in one ear.

Please do not buy any contraption to clean your ears - here is the best / safest way: using an eye dropper drop 10 drops of hydrogen peroxide in your ears, head turned sideways, hold for 1 minute - turn head, repeat for the other ear. Do this every day for a week (or see an ENT and have them clean it for you) and then go to 1 day a week.  

Auditory Cortex damage happens to be the case. As for others, I’d be foolish to speak on their behalf. 

@sgordon1 

I use Debrox every month. But what I have learned is, sometimes that is not enough.

The last month or so, my allergies have been really bad. 

I see my doctor ever six months. He knows I am an audiophile… so, pays attention.

I think it was a year ago I had them cleaned. 

Using Q-Tips causes more problems than it solves.

When you push one into your ear, yes you will remove some wax, but you will also push some of the wax deeper into the ear canal where it eventually compacts.

As my mother always said. "Never put anything smaller than your elbow into your ear."

I have been wondering "why bother" spending thousands of dollars on upgrading a component for a possible 1% improvement in sound quality when my tinnitus adds about 20% static!  It sometimes sounds like trying to find an A.M. channel in the boonies a few decades ago.  It will not deter my stereo listening pleasure, however.  I just like to fantasize about how wonderful it would be to hear my system through clear ears!  Oh well!