Psychologist dissects Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'

I never get tired of learning more about this seminal work by one of my favorite artists of all time. 

128x12869zoso69

Yes, all rock music should be coherent and intellectually stimulating. Like Frank Zappa.

Roger Waters is another one of those people who achieve fame and fortune and all it does is make them angry and bitter. But if you think he’s angry and bitter now, if he puts out a Roger Waters version of Dark Side, the critical and commercial beating it will take will really give him something to be angry and bitter about.

In a related vein, If anyone is interested in another artist rerecording their 50 year old masterpiece, check out Dave Mason's, "Alone Together Again."  I was skeptical at first, but he did a really good job of it, IMHO.  If you like Dave, check it out.

It's always fascinating to delve deeper into the meaning and themes behind great music, especially when it's a classic album like Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'. I think it's great that psychologists are analyzing the album and trying to understand the human psyche through the music. It just goes to show how powerful music can be in connecting with our emotions and experiences.

Interesting views here.

Some seem to be in the "leave it alone, we already know everything" camp, and other's in the "I learned something new" camp. 

As with most forms art, once the work is released into the wild it takes on a life of it's own. Each individual, each generation interprets it's meaning based on their own biases and life experiences. 

What we "think" we understand about Dark Side today says more about US THAN THEM ; )  

never been my favorite album... unfortunately overproduced.  I like it, but am less enthralled than many.  

I prefer Animals, and the earlier Floyd as well.

The Wall is drudgery, with some redeeming tracks.  I also have not ever been enamored of Wish You Were Here.