STREAMER

Does a after market power cable make a difference on a streamer like lumin U2 mini or U1 mini

jasbirnandra

I have the new Lumin U2 mini just to stream music into my dac (Esoteric K-03XD), I also upgraded the Lumin power supply by incorporating a PSU made by "Jay Audio", they called it another name, the sound improvement was tremendous. I love it. And that Lumin U2 is awesome. Very stable connectivity. Very good software for music. As for streaming Tidal, I am using Tidal itself not via Lumin app. I even unsubscribed Roon once I got it. The sound quality from the Lumin is better than from Roon in my system. And I am using a NAS to store music.  

I’m using a U1 mini and have been experimenting with different power cables. I can definitely hear a difference with my AQ NRG Z3 on the U1. More defined soundstage, tighter bass. I only wish I had more AQ plugs to try on my DAC and Amplifier. The difference was enough to make me a believer in power supplies so my U1 is currently out getting the SBooster upgrade. 

Larger power cables are most important on an amp but I run 12 awg to all my components.  cheap insurance.

Jerry

@jasbirnandra

you might want to edit your original question to ask will a power cord make an improvement.

It is surprising, how often folks around here, conflate “different“ with “better“ and “cost“ with “quality”.