Stylus gauge recommendations ?

Priorities are ease of use & accuracy.

Thanks in advance.

rost

I use the Ortofon scale and really like it. I had the Riverstone but it gave me some trouble, I honestly forget what / how, but I chunked it a long time ago 😅

I have a bunch, none of the 900 dollar ones, I still have a Technics SH-50P1 strain gauge from 1973 that works, but analog dial, not 3 decimals deep. I have a few of the cheaper digital ones, I like the DS3 Ortofon. It has no dimple as I recall.

Believe it or not, some of the digital gauges benefit from warm up. It’s in the instructions of one. And I’d put a fresh battery in if you are trying to do a serious adjustment.

My experience- you’ll get different measurements with different locations on the platter, but within 10ths or 100ths is also academic to me and it is one part of a combination of factors in set up.

That "Neoteck" is sold under many brand names at many different prices.  Some versions have metal cases and cost more.  I have one and used it for years, but I eventually detected that the weigh pan on mine was ever so slightly magnetic.  This is not to say that all of the scales that look exactly like the Neoteck, under many different brand names, will also attract magnets on the weigh pan.  Caveat emptor. Otherwise, they are quite nice.