Help with V-Cap ODAM directionality in crossover

Hoping I can get some help! I am going to be replacing the poly caps in my Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD crossover with V-Cap ODAM's. V-Cap ODAM installation notes say:

-----
The short lead indicates the outermost foil, and should be connected to the lowest impedance path to ground. Another way to identify outer foil is the writing on the label flows towards the outer foil.
-----

Without a schematic, can anyone tell in this photo which way the ODAM caps should be oriented? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

128x128figuy

We cannot see under the board to see how it is wired. Nobody can tell you without seeing the circuit and the circuit is not visible on the top of the board.

Simply study the circuit under the board or even better use your multimeter checking for continuity. Just follow the circuit from the positive driver output (tweeter) back using you multimeter checking for continuity. The cap will be in series with the tweeter and may well be the very last part before the positive output wire to the tweeter. Just check for continuity from each side of the tweeter cap to the positive tweeter lead output. Once you determine continuity that end should be the “V” end on the Odam cap and the the other end is the outer foil. This is most likely that top left cap located to the left of the output.

The other cap below it is most likely in series with the cap above it. Again, use your eyes and/or multimeter to verify. It should be placed on the board in the same exact manner as the first cap.

Just study the circuit from under the board and/or use your multimeter continuity setting.

I assumed you were just using the Odams on the tweeter board. If using them on the woofer board, then that cap is most likely in parallel with the woofer driver output leads. This cap position is far less important than a series cap, but still can offer sonic advantages when upgraded. I really don’t think you need to be concerned about direction in this position. Really won’t hear it in my opinion.

Some argue you won’t really hear a sonic difference with series caps (direction) in a crossover.  I have not tested both directions while doing an upgrade so I don’t  know for sure. I just figure why not install them as the manufacturer states as that is certainly not wrong! 

Question, did you upgrade your resistors to Mills and if so why are they mounted so high above the board without any support for vibration.

just asking.