dcs puccini, chord red ref, meitner cdsa or nagra

anybody had a chance to compare any of these top of the line one-box cd players on redbook?
maxx2man
06-30-08: Maxx2man asked:
"where is the playback designs manufactured? also, who is the designer?"

USA; Andreas Koch.
Andreas Koch ? The former vice president of EMM Labs ? Never knew that he handled the design part at EMM. Always thought that he was an export manager.
I've heard that Andreas used to work for Emm, but I don't know in what capacity. He apparently has really good digital designing chops, no matter what his assignment was at Emm.

Dave
Andreas Koch up until several months ago, was a partner/designer and vice president of EMM Labs. Before that he was with Sony/Philips. I believe he was in charge of the Sony Sonoma DSD workstation project which uses EMM gear.
Two different times I've sent EMM products to Andreas for repair under warrenty. Since he lives in the U.S it saved me from going through customs.

Andreas is a very mild, modest and conservative person. You won't hear him brag or exaggerate about his product. Because I trust what Andreas tells me, I just bought a Playback Designs Player from Jonathan Tinn. And as for Jonathan, He's always treated me more than fair over several years of transactions with him. Customer service is first rate.

Yes, it's a new player. The "players" are not new and have a proven tract record. The reviews will be coming. Since it was just released, it will take a few months before you see it in print. If your skeptical wait for the reviews but for me, well, I just couldn't wait.

Frank