dcs puccini, chord red ref, meitner cdsa or nagra

anybody had a chance to compare any of these top of the line one-box cd players on redbook?
maxx2man
I think for 10K, there should be something in writing besides what's out there.
Looks like a brethen product of PurePower.
Check out their Pure Power Audio Power Supply (APS) for similarities

http://www.purepoweraps.com/aps.htm
06-25-08: Bar81 said:
"I think for 10K, there should be something in writing besides what's out there."

Well, there will be printed writing. Playback Designs is only into the second month of a new product launch. Reviewers actually have in hand production models, rather than pre-production prototypes. If you wait for the print reviews, then you'll be looking at $15,000, not 10k.

Print, verbal, digital, they're only words. Changing the format of the words doesn't change their value. As always, you need to consider the source and place your reliance accordingly.

Anyone actually considering a purchase should consider the validity of the reviews of Mike Lavigne, Ted Smith and David Robinson. They're on record in writing, maybe only digital, but that's my point, putting it on paper doesn't change it's value. A serious prospective buyer must also consider that waiting for other reviewers and, in partcular, waiting on a printed review will cost $5000, because the price will certainly have increase by then.

This is a classic risk vs. reward analysis. Your point is well taken, but we're in a digital age and information is available quicker than it used to be. You either take advantage of that or you don't.

Dave
That wasn't what I was trying to say. I don't particularly care if it's on a web page but where are the complete specs *including* transport type?