Hum in Speakers with New Dedicated 20 amp Circuit

I just ran some 12-2 from a new 20 amp breaker and installed a dedicated outlet for my system. Now I get a very audible hum in both channels. If I switch back to the shared 15 amp outlet, no hum. I checked the new outlet with a tester and it checks out as wired correctly. At the electrical box, the black wire is connected to the breaker and the white and ground are attached to the same ground strip. I’m using a 20 amp receptacle.

Anyone with thoughts on how to resolve?

mjjw

I color coded it. Yellow is the coming wire. Black hot. White is neutral. Green is ground.

Forget the color-coding. Competent electrical people can figure it out with a simple text label.

This is how it should be done.

And just what do have that requires 20A continuous / 200A peak?

Post removed 

NB: I didn’t install the sub panel; I just added an additional breaker.  The sub panel has been in for almost a decade.  I have an electrician look it all over and correct as necessary.  Thanks all.

Call a licensed electrician. My brother, the E.R. nurse, makes his living off of amateur electricians and guys whose last words were "Hold my beer and watch this".

Make sure the sparky who comes to your home is the license holder & not an unsupervised apprentice or journeyman, as is often the case here in D.C.

As others have said, after turning off power to sub-panel AT MAIN PANEL, run the bare copper ground to the bus on the left of the panel and attach all grounds to this bus. Also make sure there is no bond strap between neutral and ground bus (the big twisted bare wires?). 

This is because if you lose the neutral between the two panels for any reason and the ground is attached or bonded to neutral bus, the ground wires back to the assorted circuits could then become hot. This only applies to sub-panels, not to main panels where the ground and the service connect are a short distance (hopefully) from the panel. 

Also, you said the wire is 12-2. Either you meant 12-2 w/ ground, 12-3 or you have no ground with your new circuit. Plus remember the red wire is hot along with the black for your combined incoming 240 VAC.