Power cords: Anticable vs Mad Scientist

Looking for a reasonably priced power cord for use with LTA preamplifier.

Trying to stay below 750 dollars,

Any experiences with Mad Scientist or Anticable power cords.

mdrone

@soix 

Thank you. I enjoy sharing, but also I learn from other thoughtful folks, like yourself and by thinking about the questions posed. 

I own the LTA preamp (upgraded to L2). When I asked the same question of Nicholas of LTA, he said their power suppliers are very good at filtering (David Berning is an excellent designer of power supplies as well as the ZOTL circuitry) and that the stock power cord should be fine. I am using a Puritan Audio Labs standard cord as I prefer a shielded cable, and it works great. In the past, I’ve also used an Oyaide Black Mamba Sigma II with similar positive results. With these cords, I can easily tell the difference between L1 and L2 preamp and also the benefits of upgrading the 12AT7 tubes to NOS Siemens 12AU7.

You got me there.  I’ve absolutely no idea what makes people like him tick.  I enjoy and learn a lot from your posts though, so thank you for being the opposite of ebm.  You are the thoughtful and experienced kind of person that makes this site truly worthwhile.  ebm, not so much. 

@soix  Agreed. I just asked ebm to clarify a post on another thread and he got my comment deleted. All I said was that his two word post wasn't helpful. On another topic, it's winter and there are lots of snowflakes.

ebm just spouts off totally useless comments that rarely contain more than five words. I’m pretty sure he’s never even heard of much less heard Mad Scientist cables, so take it for what it’s worth. Nothing. He’s not worth your time.

I'm surprised your comment is still standing. Dude is quite easily triggered.