Dedicated power circuits

I’m having some electrical work done including a whole house

generator, surge suppressor, and a new panel box. I am also going to have two dedicated power lines run for my stereo. I’ve read a lot on here about how this is a really nice upgrade and would greatly appreciate any advice to help me along on my project. Right now the plan is two 20 amp circuits with 10 gauge wire. One for my amp and one for my preamp and sources. My equipment is a McIntosh MC 452, a C47 right now but a C22 in the future, Rega P8, Rose hifi 150b,  McIntosh MR 74 tuner and Aerial 7t speakers. I’m also replacing my panel box with a new one. It’s a brand from a company that’s out of business and the quality and safety is suspect plus there are no new breakers available.

So starting with the breakers, then the wire and finally the receptacles what should I be looking for? The electrician that just left here is planning on the new panel being a Cutler Hammer brand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

128x128gphill

If I had a power system being installed I would look at the Torus All in One:

If you are already going with the Cutler Hammond brand I would checkout adding a Sorcer Apprentice at the breaker box:

Sorcer Apprentice

The Apprentice also changes the quality of the AC line starting from the circuit breaker box throughout the home or commercial space. It does not employ filters, isolation transformers, AC line regeneration, nor balanced power techniques. This harmonic resonator uses small line transformers connected in series along with proprietary digital amplifier circuitry under algorithm control. The AC line is "re-referenced" or pulsed with low frequency harmonics to increase the S/N ratio.  Uses 4 AC transformers.   

• 110/220 VAC 50/60 Hz
  • Installs at AC breaker panel or near audio/video system components
  • Dimensions: 17" x 11" x 3.0"
  • Weight: 22 lbs.
  •  

Hello @gphill , Here is what I know or think I know.

Receptacles: Use an audiophile grade outlet.  I used PS Audio, reasonable and grip great.  I hear mixed reviews about the expensive outlets; some like them some do not.

Wire: 10 gauge.  The electrician will tell you 12 is fine for 20 amp outlet.  Use 10. Sounds better.( I have been told by someone I believe).

Breaker:  I went standard here, but did use some silver conductive grease when installing.

I think dedicated circuits are very worthwhile, and you are correct; one for the amp and one for the front end / digital.

My final advice:  Run three.  do it now while easy.  You never know...monoblock amps, other stuff.  Ask me how I know this!