What is your experience with the Spin Clean?

Mine is it makes absolutely no difference. I'm thinking about returning it.

128x128jjbeason14

Not impressed either. It is a PITA and you can not play the record right away. You have to place them in a rack to dry. The towels never dry the record all the way.

Ultrasonic cleaners are a PITA in general. You have to get a suction record cleaning machine in addition to dry the record correctly. Fan drying is a terrible idea. You evaporate the water and leave everything else on the record. The AudioDesk has frequent reliability issues and Kirmuss is a space shot. You NEVER want to reuse whatever fluid you are using. Each cleaning you want fresh fluid.

The Clearaudio Double Matrix Sonic Pro is currently the best record cleaning device made. It is over built in the extreme. It does both sides at the same time. It not only uses fresh fluid every cleaning but it does so three times during each cycle! It thoroughly vacuum dries each side at the same time leaving the record bone dry and ready to play. It is fast. A regular cleaning cycle takes 3 minutes or so. It is not all that quiet. In vacuum mode it sounds like a vacuum cleaner but, when the vacuum cleaner stops you know the record is ready. Every twenty records or so you have to empty the waste tank and refill the fluid tank which for me adds up to once a week if that. I got it for all of the above reasons and am extremely happy with the purchase.   

I have a Spin Clean and like it.  I use it for swap meet/yard sale records and think it does a pretty good job of getting the gunk out.  IMO, it makes no sense to use on new records, though.  In that case I wouldn't expect a Spin Clean to make any sonic difference which might explain some previous responses.

pdspiegal,

You wouldn't believe the gunk on the bottom of my Ultrasonic tank after cleaning 3 brand new albums, Amy Winehouse, Beth Hart, Chris Cornell, they are all double albums but just after those there was a ton of gunk!! It was shocking!!!  These record making plants are not clean!  I wonder if they use some kind of releasing agents or something?

I’ve used the SC for several years.  Is the best cleaner-no.  For the money it does a fair job.  All you have to do is look down in the bottom of the well after you’ve cleaned 20 albums.