Wadia 830 or Cambridge 840C

I'm looking for a CDP, right now an older Wadia 830 is for sale for about the same price as a new Cambridge 840C. Can anyone help with some sort of comparison? Thanks! Trying to not go over $1500 and would really prefer closer to $1000..

My system:

PrimaLuna Prologue 2
ProAc Tablette Sig Ref monitors
Rega P3 TT
leftyfox
If the 830 played CDs "upside down", meaning shiny side up, the transport was probably a Pioneer stable platter.
I've owned both a GNSC modded 830 as well as the 840c. There's no doubt that the 840c is an excellent CP player for the money with an excellent set of features (digital in, digital out). But... my GNSC modded 830 was exceptional. I sold it because I wanted a transport with digital out and my 830 didn't have that. Before you take the plunge, you may want to give Steve Huntley at Great Northern Sound a call. He's an excellent resource and will give you an honest opinion of the 830. Since the stable transport it uses is no longer available, that may be a consideration... Steve can answer that question.

I'm currently using an Oracle CD transport which I love but... I think I'll always miss that GNSC modded 830.
Good idea to call Steve, I've spoken to him in the past and he's always helpful and generous with his time. Thanks.