The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
Goodgorl: the jbl's are excellent players, but not full-range (i.e. not intended for home use)-- or am I mistaken?
I wish everyone here lived in my home town and I could visit each one of you, listen to your set-ups, then decide. I haven't heard most of the speakers mentioned. I am pretty new. So for now, the best is what I have...Spectron MKII amp driving Von Schweikert 4.5 gen III's. Anyone living near Fairfax, VA is welcome to stop by and give them a listen.
Patrick
Well, so far, it's my Thiel 3.6s mated with my new Pass X-350 power amp. Lot of great speakers mentioned here. As one writer noted, the quality of the recording makes a big difference. A mediocre recording sounds mediocre on even a great system.
SoundLab M-1, then Wilson Max, then Pipedreams (largest ones, forget the model), then VMPS RM-40, then Legacy Whisper driven by Coda class A amps, then Merlin with BAM driven by tubes, then Wilson Watt Puppy 6.0, then ML Prodigy driven by Krell mono blocks, then Bose 901 (jokes). In that order. Anyone else have a list?