What's the best EL84 amp?

My speakers have loved the two I’ve tried, both vintage. I would love to spend some money and get a great EL84 amp. Any suggestions? Not interested in an integrated. 

dhcod

@dhcod Roger made some improvements in the MkII version and laid the groundwork for more improvements in the amps circuit design prior to his death. Note that there are multiple MkII versions (Roger felt as the designer he could make changes anytime he wanted), where the MkI retained the same circuit and specs throughout its run. You will find those who feel the MkI is a better amp, just as there are those who felt the RM-9 MkI was better than it's MkII version.

I tell this to anyone who is interested in buying a used Music Reference amplifier these days. Inspect the interior very carefully. If necessary get pictures of the interior and send them to us to verify the amp has not been modified beyond reason. Lately we have seen too many Music Reference amps come into the shop for repair that were modified to the point where putting them back to original spec wasn't worth the cost to the owner. In fact we now refuse to service amps modified beyond reason.